Another first from the Ford Coyote Innovators at MMR!
This Bolt on Billet steel plate takes over the duties of the Crankshaft thrust bearing by replacing the friction style babbitt bearing with a high precision low friction roller bearing. Best of all this system allows you to retain the factory internal oil pump!!
This system virtually eliminates all thrust bearing failures and reduces friction so much on automatic equipped vehicles that turbo's will spool faster on the foot brake and the transbrake! As used by Team MMR and the 4000HP Twin Turbo Pro Mods!
* Gain up to 25hp during transbrake engagement & up to 15hp full time due to reduced friction on high HP applications
* Replaces the factory aluminum oil pump backing plate - easy & direct bolt on
* Does NOT require removal of crankshaft
* Billet Steel Construction
* Precision High speed Needle bearings
* Fits all 5.0 / 5.2 Coyote / Voodoo / GT500 blocks
* Fits all stock and aftermarket crankshafts
* Thrust clearance is easily adjusted - no shims or extra parts required
* O ringed for a perfect seal to the block to make oil pump more efficient & eliminate detrimental air bubbles
Requires factory thrust bearing to be machined down on the flywheel side approx. .025" - MMR offers this service for no charge for those that want to send in their thrust bearing.